Maintain & Improve Quality of Life in East Cambridge
1. Infrastructure management and improvements (democracy)
Addressing traffic & parking resulting from density increase.
Lobby for the maximum of public, and accessible open space on the Volpe site
Insure a dog park is finally a permanent fixture of East Cambridge
2. Open Space (equity, democracy)
- Work to have the new park between 2nd and 3rd, completed
- Lobby for the maximum of public, and accessible open space on the Volpe site
- Insure a dog park is finally a permanent fixture of East Cambridge
3. Development (equity, justice)
- Fight for height limit
- Deep impact studies on neighborhoods adjacent to any development of .5 acre or more
- Make sure the voice of East Cambridge is not only heard, but more importantly acted upon.
- Make sure the Grand Junction plan, and improvement to infrastructure, and public transportation is a priority of the Volpe development.
- Underlining the displacement, and inequities imposed on adjacent neighborhoods by the ongoing and proposed development, in particular in Kendall and Alewife.
- Mandate sustainable and resilient development in the face of climate change.
For Cambridge, my city!
1. Systemic Change (democracy, equity, justice)
Lead a conversation about our current system of government, and how we can create a more democratic alternative reflecting the values of the citizens of Cambridge. The foundation of which would include
- Non Cumulation of mandates, for engagement
2. Climate Change (democracy, equity)
- Work to find a long term sustainable solution to the new speculative nature of real estate to alleviate and ultimately resolve the ongoing affordable housing crisis.
4. Public Broadband (equity, democracy)
- It is obvious internet access is an equity issue. Work towards the goal of having a modular, upgradable public broadband infrastructure.
Fighting for equity, justice, and Democracy.
I understand my white privilege.